Friday, March 2, 2012

Update: More Fun in Vegas

WCC Tournament quarterfinal #1 San Francisco 67, Loyola Marymount 60. The Dons won the matchup of 19 win teams tonight. For the first time since 1989 and the second time ever, the West Coast Conference has produced 4 20 win teams. I believe LMU will be invited to a postseason tournament, though they may have just played their way out of the NIT. 1 win in the CIT or CBI and for the first time EVER the WCC will have 5 20 win teams.

Not to get ahead of myself I will keep this update brief. The Dons move on to play hobbled league leader Saint Mary's tomorrow at 6pm Pacific. Loyola Marymount will have a good while to rest up Anthony Ireland's leg, which he injured late in the second half. Ireland stayed in the game but wasn't able to carry the load (which was extremely heavy as the rest of his team underperformed offensively) on just one leg.
Saint Mary's knows who they'll play in the semis. Gonzaga awaits the winner of the San Diego vs Brigham Young game that should be tipping off any time now on ESPNU.

Thorough analysis to come tomorrow. Also, I need to apologize for an error in my tournament bracket. I have the quarterfinals listed as being on ESPN2, they are in fact on ESPNU. My bad. The semis are for sure on ESPN2 and the finals on ESPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment