Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Countdown 10/10

29 days remain...

Since there are two tens in today's date I will provide for your reading pleasure two links in today's countdown.

The first, is ESPN.com's assessment of the non-conference schedules for each WCC team. On their 1-10 toughness scale Portland comes in on top with a 10 and Pepperdine brings up the rear with a 3.

The second, pertains mostly to BYU. I'm a couple days late on this one, since I'm not a Mormon I don't really keep up with the Church's policy dealings, but it's by no means out of date. ESPN.com examines how the lowering of the age at which an LDS mission can begin will affect recruiting of Mormon student athletes.

This guy will be rejoining the Cougars after missing the last two seasons due to his mission.

Also, please let me know if any of my terminology pertaining to missions and the LDS church is incorrect. One of my longtime friends/former roommate is a Mormon so I gained a solid understanding of the LDS community through him but probably missed some of the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment