Monday, September 17, 2012

Return/Countdown

The Mid-Majority has been doing this all summer and I should have stolen the idea from them sooner. Every weekday they have posted "One college basketball thing to read, see, remember, or do". With 51 days until the WCC season tips off with San Francisco vs. Stanford on November 7th I figure there is enough interesting WCC hoops related material floating around the internet to post one a day until then.

I'm still working on my analysis of Saint Mary's non-conference schedule (it shouldn't take so long, I know, because they are very weak teams) because I've been on something of an end of summer vacation for the past two weeks. Now I'm back and getting excited for the season to start. Along with the Gaels' preview I will be picking up the rate at which I write articles. Those won't count as part of this one a day series. So when I post an article you'll also get a low quality youtube video, old picture, or whatever I can find.

The idea for this came from seeing the video that I will post at the end of this text. It is, like I said above, a low quality youtube video. However, it's a great fit to kick off the countdown. It's not the season yet so we need to get a warmed up a bit before we go into full countdown mode. On that note, behold Gonzaga's pregame warm-up at their home game against then #13 Saint Mary's on February 9th.

 
Kudos to Scotthen49 over at The Slipper Still Fits for finding and sharing this video, and kudos to The Mid-Majority for the item-a-day idea and for being awesome in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment